Friday, January 16, 2009

Winner-winner, chicken dinner!

This message is for the winners of the putter drawing for those faithful readers of my blog. (See an earlier post) To Matt Gayle and Neil Arter, your putters will be ready on Monday, January 19th. Devynna, your putter will be ready the following weekend, since I got your artwork a little later than I did from the others, and had to wait until I had about 40 names of people for the next batch of putters, and I included your name with theirs. I will have that artwork back by next Wednesday, I hope, and can have your putter ready for Justin by the weekend, when I get back from a fast trip to Texas. I never heard from the other winner, so I will do a 'makeup drawing' for the last putter....and will select from names of people who comment in January. I'm enjoying your comments, and I also enjoy the putter drawings. Thanks for making this so much fun!

Paula and I are just reviving our golf club company, after a 7-year hiatus, while we looked for a foundry that could make high quality stainless steel putter heads. We never found one in the U.S. that would work with us, so we went offshore. Didn't want to, but, that's why we did what we did. Our order came in in late fall and we have been putting everything together again in order to 'open our doors' again for business! We're there, and we're having fun already. Our company name is CustomPutt, Inc., (not a typo--CustomPutt is one word), and the name of the putter is One Stroke. It's 'not just a pretty face', but it is a fully-functional putter, that is so beautiful it almost looks like a piece of jewelry.

It has taken awhile, due to a heavy work load in the roofing business, to be able to put all the pieces together again, to be ready to start production of the clubs, but we're there, finally! For you winners, we hope you'll enjoy them!

Fore!....or, was that four...as in 4? That's it! Four! Four winners! Leave your comments and maybe you'll win a beautiful, custom-personalized putter, with your printed name or actual signature, prominently displayed in the club head (see the earlier post, for a picture of the club head).

Later! :)

13 comments:

vivian said...

Gene,
I started reading your blog the day you told about falling out of the learning center window. My daughter sent it to me. You do have a way with words!
Jane

rebeckaoneal said...

hey gene im just going to leave a comment everyday until i get one of those putters

Gene said...

Jane/Vivian! Did we go to school together at OC years ago? Do I know you or your daughter? If you get a minute, drop me a line on my regular email: gshoemake@cox.net

I'd love to say hello!

Gene

Gene said...

Rebecca,

Hang in there. I am careful to be fair with the drawings, and I do count 'repeat commenters', so they get more chances of winning. That seemed like the fair thing to do.
:)

Matt said...

Gene, If you will let me know when and where to pick up the putter I will do so. I can drop by your house anytime on of these evenings if that works best. Please email me at mattg@okbar.org and let me know.

Matt

dblack said...

Don't fret over the putter Gene, I'm just happy to be getting one! I'm in no hurry....:)

kj said...

Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog!!! I do love stopping by and reading your blog....and now that you're giving things away I'll have to come by more often!!! ; )

Heather said...

I enjoy your blog SO much!! It always gives us a good laugh, or at least something to think about. I'd love to be in the drawing--my hubby loves playing golf, when he has the time!

Micah and Tara Hobbs said...

Gene - your blog is so much fun to read!! Thanks for the comment and if you still need a dentist we see Dr. Ballinger in Edmond!!

Gene said...

Hi, Vivian!

Thanks for your nice comment! Did you attend OCC? Did your daughter?
I'd love to know!

Thanks for checking in!

Gene

Gene said...

KJ,

You were so kind to put the nice pic of the tree and tire swing on my blog. I want to do a putter for you, if you or your husband either one are golfers.

By the way, Paula and I love your family! Neat people!

Gene said...

Hi, Tara--

Thanks so much! I enjoy your blog as well! I love to keep up with you and Micah and your family. We're so grateful that you cast your lot with Memorial Road! We love you guys!

Gene

P.S. Jeff's wife, Candita, works for a dentist in Edmond -- Mike Wallace, and he's pretty super! We'll stay with him, I'm sure -- but thanks for the tip about Dr. Ballinger!

Gene said...

Hello, Heather!

I will make sure your name is in the drawing! Thanks for droppin' in on my blog!

Gene